Tuesday, October 28, 2008

Brown's Island/Tredegar Ironworks shoot 1/2


Last class we took a field trip to Browns Island, which was very interesting and provided for a lot of cool photographs. I didn't know what I wanted my concept to be, so I just took a lot of pictures, which ended up hurting my shoot. I had some good shot of the city which worked together, but then i had some close-ups of some gears and old parts of the Ironworks that were also good images, but didn't work with my other images.

For my re-shoot at Browns Island, I really tied to tie my concept together before shooting because I wanted a set of images that all worked together. When I got there I walked around before shooting to see what there was to actually photograph, and i decided that a lot of the island revolves around the bridges and railroad tracks that are surrounding it. So, that is what i decided to shoot and I feel it turned out well since I really tried to focus on my framing, white balance, and the overall aesthetic of my photos.

No comments: